Tuesday, June 16, 2009

ohhhh bookclub <3

BookClub. I started BookClub 3 months ago. I started it for a bunch of reasons actually:
1. I wanted to be in a Club.
2. I wanted to be in charge of a Club.
3. I wanted to read more.
4. I wanted my friends to read more.
5. I wanted to read books that I wouldn't normally choose on my own.

Initially I started BC for reading Classic Books only, but that is sort of going down-hill and I am being over-powered by my members.
Here is what we have read so far:
1. Great Gatsby (LOVELOVELOVE, this is my all time favourite book in the world. F Scott Fitz is my top author and always has been)
2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (LIKED A LOT, this was a long book, but I enjoyed it and recommend it; although I felt the ending sort of jumped off of a cliff )
3. Slaughter House 5 (DID NOT LIKE, at first I was really into the idea of this book. However, I did not enjoy reading it, and I still feel like I didn't "get" it. Maybe I am not smart enough for it.)

NEXT we are reading: The Road. Not too pumped on this because:
1. Its not a Classic.
2. The previews for the movie look really scary and I am a huge Scaredy Cat.

BookClub is also nice because we all get to take turns choosing a restaurant that we will meet at, and suggesting books we will read next. I feel like that was a very diplomatic and gracious thing for me to instate considering I like to choose everything all the time.

slaughter house 5

No comments: